Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Flowers for You

I just love turtles and this little turtle by Whipper Snapper Designs is just so cute!  The turtle is colored with Copic markers.
Body:  YG05
Shell:  G14, Y35, YG67
Toes:  E53
Cheek:  R83
Flowers:  R85
Outline:  B0000

The card is a standard A2 size.  I had just a few more bits of some Imaginesce paper left and I couldn't bring myself to throw them away.  I also had the sketch that I used for this card still sitting on my crafting table, and I thought that if I used an A2 size, I'd be able to use the striped and polka dot scraps and be done with them.  The punched edge was done with a SU! border stamp and then I sponged the edges with SU! Pretty in Pink.  The pink ribbon is also by Imaginesce. 

The bottom flower is another one of the flowers that I attempted to dye to cover the writing.  I thought that SU! Pink Passion ink would cover the writing, but as you can see, it is still quite visible.  

I used the larger flower and layered two other plain flowers on it to cover up the writing.  The center is a button from my stash.  I cut the shank off the button and adhered it to the paper flowers with a dimensional.  The leaves were made with a MS punch and inked on the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink.  The upper left hand corner was a little bare, so I punched a swirl with an EK Success punch.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!
Sarah






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!