Thursday, August 12, 2010

VLV August 2010 Week 2

I finished my card for the VLV week 2 sketch challenge.  I decided that I wanted to use the second inspiration room so that I could use my Basic Grey "Green at Heart" papers.  This card is a standard A2 size.  Most of my cards are 6" square, but when I was laying out my 3 strips for the sketch, it just wasn't working in the larger square size for me.


I knew that I needed a rectangular shaped image/sentiment panel so I turned to the Verve set "Blessings."

The top right corner was a little bare, so I added some flowers to fill up the space and some leaves I punched with a MS punch (Vintage Photo distress ink sponged on edges).

For the inside I used a little strip of the dp leftover from cutting the 6" square paper down to fit an A2 card.  I matted it on some olive green paper and then added a white panel to write a message.


On the back, I took the remaining piece of dp and just added my personalized label stamp to an olive green mat (both were cut with my circle Nesties).  Yay - no dp scraps at all this time!  I hate to throw small pieces away as it just feels wasteful to me, but at the same time, I'm tired of accumulating scraps!  Anyone else have this problem?!  LOL.


Have a great day and thanks for visiting my blog!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!