Friday, August 13, 2010

With Sympathy - VLV August 2010 Week 3

I was able to make my VLV August week 3 card this morning.  Amber had a fabulous green and pink room as one of the inspiration photos for this sketch.  I usually try to draw on the main colors in a photo as the basis of my color scheme, and I'm really happy with my finished project.



First, a look at the sketch and the inspiration room I chose.  The bedding is from dunelm-mill.com


I just bought the My Mind's Eye (MME) designer paper on Wednesday this week at a local shop.  The name of the paper is "Quite Contrary."  I just love the colors pink and green together, and I thought the prints were so beautiful.  So when I saw today's sketch and the inspiration rooms, I knew immediately that I wanted to use my new papers! 

I debated about what I wanted to use on the center panel as I didn't want to cover the MME paper.  I finally settled on "With Sympathy" from Verve's set  "Blessings" as it would fit the smallest of the Fancy Tags Nestabilites die.  I cut and embossed the diecut and then stamped my sentiment so I could get it centered.  I added a small adhesive backed pearl to the end of each side of the tag to dress it up just a little bit.

I punched a border for the white strip that I used to mat the pink dp using a MS doily lace punch.  The final touch was a Moss green 1.25" silk ribbon bow that I tied using my Bow Easy.  I ordered my Bow Easy from Sharon Johnson here and the ribbon as well.  For anyone interested, there is a great tutorial on Jerri's blog here

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Sarah






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!