Sunday, September 5, 2010

Dream Big

All week I wanted to make a card for The Shabby Tea Room's week 25 challenge to use something old and something new.  So I finally sat down Saturday to start my VLV week 2 card based on the following sketch and thought I'd also be able to work it into TSTR's challenge guidelines.  This week, Amber let us pick anything from the At Home section of Anthropologie, and there sure was a lot of great stuff to use as inspiration!  I finally decided to use the rosy knobs as I thought they looked like Primas.  The actual knobs are 2.25 inches according to the description.  I bet they are beautiful in real life!





This card just gave me fits to make.  I struggled with the layout, the embellishments, and the color scheme.  I'll admit that I got up and walked away a couple of times before this one was finished!  I knew I was using the Prima roses, but I just couldn't decide on a color scheme.  Finally, I forced myself to just go with Basic Grey "Capella" as I had some left over strips that I thought I'd be able to use up on the 2 panels.  Then I couldn't decide on which of my new Verve stamps I wanted to use.  I eventually decided to use the frame from Fabulous You and the sentiment from Dream Big.   I used kraft as the center panel just to try something different and to incorporate some of the browns in the dp.




Then I just added my primas and some MS leaf punches along with a recycled corsage pin on which I added a few beads.  The kraft strip was punched with a MS doily lace punch.  That strip was supposed to go on top of the center panel in the sketch, but I just couldn't make it work (sorry for deviating from the sketch!).  I put a little bit of satin ivory ribbon on top to tie it into the big May Arts silk bow on the side.  The button is one I had in my stash that I got from my grandmother's button bin.  I've been waiting for the chance to use this button for a looooong time.  So after all of that, I'm pretty happy with the final result, but wondering if maybe I should have either distressed the edges or done some stitching? 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great evening!
Sarah

Edited to add:  A big thank you to Andrea Ewen for pointing out Amy's photography tutorial on SCS.  I'm so much happier with this picture.

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!