Saturday, September 11, 2010

I Used Lots and Lots of Pearls!

About a month ago, I saw this exquisite card by Angie Crockett.  I loved the rhinestone detail Angie used at all of the intersections.  I thought it just gave her card such a finished and elegant look.  I wanted to try a scored background technique, and made this card.  I loved how my card came out, and I got to thinking that I could use the same layout and pearl treatment with some of my Our Daily Bread Designs stamps that {*gasp*} had not yet been inked up.  So I picked out 6 of my favorites and got busy.  The stamps I used come from ODBD Scripture Collection 3, Scripture Collection 4, and Scripture Series 1.

I decided to use pearls instead of rhinestones because of the verses I chose to use.  I left the insides of all 6 cards blank so that they could be used as get well, sympathy, or thinking of you cards. 


All of the cards are 6" square.  They are all pretty much the same, a scored background at half-inch intervals, pearls at the visible intersections, 1/16" mats on the panels, some roses and MS leaf punches with Vintage Photo Distress Ink sponged on the edges.  The sentiments were all cut out using Nesties and embossed in my Cuttlebug and then I just sponged around the edges in SU! Pretty In Pink.  The roses are all from a jar I found at Michael's.  I was so excited to see these new roses added to their flower options.














This card set will likely be going to my mother-in-law for Christmas.  I try to make her a variety of cards, but being in her 70s, she finds that she is using an increasing number of both get well and sympathy cards (unfortunately).  So if you've ever wondered why I make so many sympathy cards, it's so I have a stash for my mother-in-law's Christmas present!  She's hard to buy for, so giving her cards is the perfect option for me.

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!
Sarah

9 comments:

  1. Omigosh, Sarah!!!! These are so fabulous!!!!! I am so honored that you would case my card.....yours are absolutely amazing! I love the pearls and the gorgeous flowers!!! Wow, wow, wow!!! Blessings! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! lots and lots of pearls!!!
    what a beautiful job you did,
    my M-I-L also get handmade cards from me.

    enjoy,
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza, these are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are beutiful. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning - I've got to try this - your mother-in-law will love them I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these cards caught my eye as the custoemr card pick of th eday from odbd-they are fantastic-a gorgeous gift set-I have to case this for sure

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are absolutely stunning! Your MIL will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your cards are absolutely amazing. I am throughly enjoying your site! I was wondering where you were able to get such a large quantity of the very tiny pearls. I would love to use this technique, but I imagine it would take several packs of pearls, using only the really small ones. Do you have a resource for them?

    Thanks
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!