Thursday, September 2, 2010

ODBDSLC27 Be Still

I made this card for the Our Daily Bread Designs challenge to use texture, specifically distressing.  I used the Be Still stamp from the ODBD set "Scripture Collection 3." 


The layout comes from this week's Mojo Monday sketch.


I decided to use the square option.  I used a distressing tool to rough up the edges of my panels.  The center panel is an ivory scalloped square Nestie that was sponged with walnut distress ink.  I used more Nesties for the scalloped circle and plain circle.  I also sponged the edges of the sentiment circle. 


I used some of my new Webster's bloomers (the big brown flower).  I played with some Primas but the white was too stark and the ivory was not the right shade of ivory, so that left me with the bloomers piece.  All of the dp are from Basic Grey "Capella."  The punched strip was made with a MS border punch and sponged with walnut distress ink.

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty!! I love your colors and your take on the sketch!! That verse is so powerful and full of meaning. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh love the monochromatic look!!! FANTASTIC! Thanks for joining us in the ODBDSLC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and lovely use of that verse too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!