Saturday, September 11, 2010

SNTODBD17 Peace

I finally finished my card for the Stamping in Time challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs.  Let me say first of all, this one was a real challenge for me.  I'd never done the emboss resist challenge before, so first I had to investigate what that was.  I thought, "OK, that doesn't sound too hard."  Then I sat down to do the technique and quickly remembered why I don't do a lot of fancy (or even simple!) techniques.  They give me great difficulties.


Draft one was the lighthouse stamp from Light of the World which I stamped and embossed with clear embossing powder and colored hoping it would have a soft glowing look.  OK, it doesn't.

Draft two was a sentiment from the Scripture Collection 3 set embossed again in clear ink and sponged with pink ink.  Can't read the sentiment.

Draft three was the same sentiment as two just sponged with green ink.  Still can't read it.  Ugh.

Draft four:  How about embossing that new ODBD baroque background?  Hmm, that could work.  Well, maybe not so much as I didn't have detailed embossing powder, so it's hard to see the delicacy of the stamped image.  Moving on....

Draft five was the beginning of some success.  I used the baroque borders frame, embossed it, and when I tried to cut it out with the coordinating die, I had all kinds of paper bits pressed into the embossing since my B plate for my cuttlebug is well-used.

Draft six:  Moving on from five, I thought I'd just do the same thing only use a fresh B plate.  Oops the thing shifted when I went to run it through.  Are you kidding me?!

Draft seven:  OK, I've got the frame stamped, embossed, and correctly cut out.  I go to stamp the sentiment and I DROP the Versafine pad on top of my frame completely ruining it.  I really don't think I'm supposed to make this card today.  sigh.  To make matters worse, as I try to use stamp cleaner to rub the ink off of my omnigrid mat, I KNOCK OVER the open bottle of stamp cleaner.  NO!  Fortunately, it didn't damage much other than some MS border punch strips I had set aside earlier to use later and a few small scraps of paper from this card.

Draft eight:  Frame is stamped, embossed, and cut out.  It is set far out of harm's way.  I open the Versafine ink pad, ink the sentiment (from ODBD "Peace"), and manage to get it stamped on the first attempt.  Whew.

Any of the rest of you ever have that much fun while stamping?! I'm probably just a klutz.


After all of that, the layering was super quick.  I used Basic Grey "Olivia" papers on this card.  Then I just added some satin ribbon and a May Arts silk ribbon with a Prima rose.



For the inside of my card, I used the one paper in the Olivia pack that leaves me going, how in the world do I use this one?  I covered a lot of it as the scallops are uneven, and this way, it looks pretty symmetrical.

Have a blessed day and thanks for stopping!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!