Wednesday, October 20, 2010

5 More HYCCT Challenge Cards

So over the last weekend, I made 10 cards for HYCCT and got 5 of them posted.  Here's the rest of them!

First up is HYCCT12 which was to make a birthday card using paper piecing.  I selected part of the striped dp that had glittery flowers to use for my cake.  I used the cake from Verve's "Birthday Bash" and the sentiment is from Verve's "Framed Wishes."  The dp is from DCWV.  I also used a MS border punch and assorted flowers.  The layout is from last week's Friday Sketchers.  I loved the sketch, just didn't have time to play during that challenge's timeline.




The second card is for HYCCT10, a card inspired by what we see as we take a walk.  I tried to create a little scene of fall trees.  I used SU! "Lovely as a Tree" and the sentiment is from SU! "Friends 24-7."  The dp is from DCWV's "The Fall Stack."  The ribbon is a very thin organza and didn't hold its shape especially well.  I sponged the sky using SU! Bashful Blue, and the trees are sponged in SU! Really Rust and SU! Saffron.  I think I used SU! Old Olive (really lightly) for the ground.


Card 3 is for the HYCCT02C pink and brown challenge.  The papers are from DCWV's "The Glitter Stack."  I added some rhinestones to the butterfly's antennae (Shapeabilities die), and the sentiment is from Verve's "Believe."  The sentiment is stamped in SU! Mambo Melon and cut out using Nestabilities and then embossed.  I used SC302 as the basis for the layout.  I punched both the brown mat and a pink strip with the same MS border punch and then off set them.  I think it looks like a row of paper dolls holding hands.



For card 4, the HYCCT03 challenge is unsentimental (no sentiments on front).  The image was one I got last year from My Favorite Things as a free digi download.  I colored using Copics and just simply mounted the panel directly on some DCWV "The Glitter Stack" paper.  I thought that the thin white edge was enough of a mat for the image.  This card is 5" square.


The final card is for HYCCT06 to use something old and something new.  The something old is the DCWV Glitter Stack papers.  I've had them for ages!  The buttons are also oldies from Grandma's stash that I inherited when she downsized a few years ago.  The flower ("Great Friend") and sentiment ("Fabulous You") are both from Verve.  The new thing is the MS optic dots punch.  Even though I used it on a few other cards, it's still new, so I used it again!  I (kind of) followed the current SFYTT layout.



Thanks for reading through another marathon post!
Have a blessed day!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!