Friday, October 22, 2010

Almost Caught Up with HYCCT Challenges!

So after all of the cards in this post, I'm only 2 challenges behind!  :)

Card 1 features an image by Hanglar Stanglar stamps that I colored with Copics.  I did just a really simple layout to showcase the HYCCT11 challenge which was to make your own paper flower.  I'd never tried this before, and I followed Mercy's tutorial, super easy, love the result!  I used the SU! scalloped circle punch just like Mercy showed in her tutorial.  The dp are from K & Co. and the punched border is a MS punch.


Card 2 is the first shaped card that I've tried making.  It's for HYCCT13.  I cut a circle base using Nesties.  The flower is from Verve's "One Person" and the sentiment is from Verve's "Believe."  The flower is colored with Copics.  I added just a bit of black ribbon as a finishing touch, tied with my Bow Easy.




Card 3 is for the pop it out challenge, HYCCT17.  I used the flower from "One Person" again as I still had it sitting out on the table.  I stamped both the larger and smaller flower, colored them with Copics, and cut out both flowers.  The flowers are mounted on foam tape.  I used Nesties labels for the panels and did some sponging on the white one with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  The dp are by DCWV "The Fall Stack."   The sentiment is from Verve's "Fabulous You". 


Card 4 was supposed to be vintage style for HYCCT18.  I used some ribbon and lace from my stash along with a rose and a MS punched border.  The cute little elephant is a Whipper Snapper image.  The sentiment is from Verve's "Kind Words".  Pink was suggested in the challenge guidelines, so I went with it.  I cut out the elephant using deckled rectangle Nesties.  I used Prismacolor pencils and the Gamsol magic technique to color the image.  I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch, but I flipped it upside down and used a rose instead of a tag on the bow.



For HYCCT19, we had 4 options to choose from, I went with a little girl who loves pink.  The image is by Hanglar Stanglar stamps and I colored with Copics.  The layout is from last week's Friday Sketchers, too bad I didn't finish in time for that challenge deadline.  The dp are by MME (the dark pink glittery one) and DCWV (the brown ones).






Finally, for HYCCT20, we were supposed to make a dance-themed card following the given sketch.  So I looked, and I don't have any dance related stamps.  Nothing.  Then I thought I could use my Disney Princess stamps.  So I went with Cinderella.  After all, she gets to go to the ball wearing this fabulous dress and DANCE with the Prince!  I colored her with Copics and then used a MS lace punch, Nesties, and dp from DCWV's "Nana's Nursery Baby Boy" stack.  I didn't have quite the right shades of Copics for her dress so she got a more robin egg's blue dress from me.





Thanks for stopping by!   Hugs and blessings to you!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!