Saturday, October 9, 2010

Create a Scene - Christmas is the Theme and HYCCT

I thought that I wasn't going to meet the challenge deadline for this one, but I'm going to squeak in just under the wire!  On the All that Scraps blog, the Magnolia Challenge was to make a Christmas scene.  So I picked one of my favorite Tildas - I think she's so cute in her snowsuit with the fur muff, the holly trimmed envelope, and the finch stamp.  They are colored with Copics, and then I cut out Tilda and the bird and placed them on the envelope.  The sentiment is from an old C.C. Designs set called "Olivia's Birdies."   I added glitter to her wings and used white Flower Soft for the "fur" trim on the hood edge and the muff.


I also made this card for one of the Hope You Can Cling To challenges over on SCS.  This fits the pink holidays challenge, HYCCT02A.   The dp is Basic Grey's "Eskimo Kisses" and the pink is from BG's "Lemonade" collection.

I made a second HYCCT challenge card this morning.  It's actually today's challenge which is HYCCT09, Let's Dabble in Some Scrabble.  I may have taken the challenge a bit too literally, but I made a 6 x 6 card with words that I hoped would be inspiring and/or comforting to the recipient.  The background is scored at 1/2 inch intervals using a Scor-Pal.  Then I cut the tiles just shy of 1/2 inch and wrote the letters on them.  A few flowers and a satin ribbon and I thought it needed something more, so I added the large pearls as a border. 


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a blessed day!
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Your Tilda is adorable Sarah! So pretty in pink and love the flower soft on her fur! super cute scene! So glad you linked up to the ATS Magnolia Challenge. Thanks for playing!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!