Wednesday, October 13, 2010

More HYCCT cards

I finally had a chance to photograph a couple of cards that I finished earlier this week.  The first one is for VLV October week 1.  I picked this gorgeous cake as my inspiration photo.

Here's a look at the sketch.

I used plain brown cardstock for the card base and then added some texture by using a Sizzix and a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  The sentiment comes from Verve's "Believe" and I added a bunch of flowers since they were prominently featured in the photo.  The flowers are a combination of Primas and Recollections, all from Michael's.  I also added a few punched swirls.  The sentiment panel was cut out with Nesties and I sponged around the edges with Vintage Photo and Tea Dye Distress Inks.  I used a MS leaf punch and sponged the edges of the leaves with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. 



The first card also fits HYCCT08 challenge to use flowers.  It also fits ODBDSLC32 to use leaves, but I don't have a lot of leaves on this card, and I didn't use ODBD stamps, so I made another card.  :)

My second card also fits 2 challenges, ODBDSLC32 and HYCCT04.  The HYCCT challenge was four by four.  Use a total of 4 layers of papers and then 4 different embellishments.  The dp is "Jovial" from Basic Grey.  It has a couple of different leaves in the design.  I layered the dp on some red (layers 1 and 2) and then the mat and the stamped image are layers 3 and 4.  For the 4 embellishments, I used white satin ribbon tied with my Bow Easy, a red rose, a pine needle border punched with a MS border punch, and a snowflake that I have had for ages.  I used "Sing for Joy" by ODBD and colored the cardinal with Copic markers.


That's it for tonight.  I'm hoping to find some time over the weekend to really get going on the HYCCT challenges.  It's a worthy cause, and if that wasn't enough incentive, there are some fabulous prizes up for grabs!

May you be richly blessed!  Thanks for stopping to visit my blog!
Sarah

Edited to add:  I'm so excited to write that my cardinal card was chosen as one of the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge Award!  Thank you!

http://ourdailybreaddesigns.com/

4 comments:

  1. Oh what stunning creations Sarah!! I just love your colors and coloring!! Your designs are stunning!! I love the yellow, sponged edge and the flower on the first and your stunning coloring of the cardinal on the second. Simply elegant!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, these are both fabulous! However, I literally gasped with the cake inspired card. You totally nailed it. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Sarah, girl you are knocking those cards out!!! The first one absolutely yummolicious...looks better than that cake ;D. I also love that second one with that beautiful cardinal. Thanks for taking the tim to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to start out with the same thing Sabrina wrote... "Oh My Goodness!" LOL But I don't want it to look the same - heehee this is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! LOVE THIS! Thank you for joining us in the ODBDSLC! Have a very blessed week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!