Sunday, October 17, 2010

More HYCCT Cards

As I stamped this weekend, I tried as much as possible to combine challenges, and it worked out pretty well.

My first card is for HYCCT07 and the challenge involved something borrowed and something not necessarily blue.  So I started with a fabulous card by Leslie Miller that I found on the Flourishes website under the background tutorials section as the borrowed idea.


I used ODBD's "Brocade Background" as my top panel and stamped it in SU! Pretty in Pink.  Then I added a sentiment from Verve's "Believe" to PIP cardstock.  The lace is from my stash and the velvet ribbon is from JoAnn's.  I debated on adding the pink rose and finally decided that adding it would be imparting my own style to the design. 

My next card is for HYCCT15 which was a color challenge.  We were to use pink, aqua, and olive.  I combined this challenge with the VLV week 3 challenge to CASE Jackie Pedro.  I chose this card. 


I changed the sentiment and used paper roses in place of the paper pieced flowers.  I also left off the 4 corner brads as I didn't have any white ones.  The sentiment is from Verve's "Believe."   The dp is from the DCWV Butterflies and Blossoms stack.  I used a MS border punch for the scalloped edge.  It is an eyelet punch, so I just covered most of the punched design to give me the simple scalloped edge I needed.  I tied the satin ribbon with my Bow Easy.  The roses are all from Michael's.

My last card for tonight doubles for VLV week 2 and HYCCT14.  The VLV challenge was a sketch and the color combination of brown, orange, turquoise, and white.  The HYCCT challenge is to use any color of ribbon.




The sentiment is from Verve's "Believe."  The image is from Verve's "One Person."  I stamped a large and a small flower and colored them with Copics.  I cut out the smaller flower and mounted it on foam tape for dimension.  The edges are sponged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I used an orange glittery organza ribbon that I had in my stash, think it was a clearance find at Michael's last year.  I cut a narrow band of white cs to put under the ribbon so it would appear more orange on the brown base.  I tied the ribbon with my Bow Easy.  This color combo really pushed me out of my comfort zone!  Orange is not a color I reach for very frequently.

That's all for tonight!

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Also, a huge thank you to all of you who've left me such kind and thoughtful comments on my creations.  I really appreciate it!

Blessings to you!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!