Sunday, October 31, 2010

Nearing the End of the HYCCT Challenges

So I've been working and working on these challenge cards, and I'm just about done!  Whoo hoo!!!  I really had fun with all of the different challenges, but that's not to say that a few of them really pushed me out of my comfort zone.  That's a good thing though as I wouldn't have tried some of these things without that little nudge.

HYCCT28 was to create a card inviting someone to spend time using an image and sentiment that are a play on words.  I went with an old SU! set "Very Punny" for the little ladybug and matching sentiment "bug me anytime."  I colored the ladybug using Copics, and all of the dp (including the scalloped edge die cut strip) are from GCD Solutions "Paris Nights."  The ribbon, button, and twine are from my stash.    I used Sketch Challenge 303 as the layout for the card. 




HYCCT24 was to use a pretty, cute, girly image and pink as the basis for the card.  I went with Pink Cat Studio's "Enchanted Lily" set.  I thought this cute little fairy was just the thing for this challenge.  She's colored with Copics, cut out with Nesties, and layered on top of DCWV glittery paper.  The border punch is MS.  I just did a really simple layout so I could have a lot of the glittery flowers visible.


HYCCT30 was a sketch challenge.  I used one of my Magnolia Tilda stamps, more of the DCWV glittery paper, a new MS border punch called "Double Arches" and a bit of ribbon with a rose as my embellishment.
I colored with Copics and just framed the image with a bit of black cs for contrast.




HYCCT27 was to use glimmermist or a homemade version of glimmermist, or an ink spritzing technique.  I don't have any glimmermist, so I added a few drops of SU! Pink Passion ink to a spritz bottle and sprayed some white cardstock.  When it was dry, it was pretty warped, so I decided to use dry embossing with a Sizzix folder.  The sentiment is from Verve's "Believe" and it is cut out with Nesties and mounted on a Nesties label.  I added some Recollections pearls as a frame and then finished with a bow and rose.



HYCCT25 was to use at least 1 button on a card.  I have had these La Mode Ceramic Studio buttons by Dianna Marcum for many years (not sure where I got them from, but they were passed on to me at some point).  I used an angel from SU! "Festive Friends" and dp by MME called "Wonderful Holiday."   I added a satin ribbon and some twine to make it a little more country styled.  The angel is colored with Copics.


HYCCT29 was to use only sentiments.  I chose one from ODBD's "Christmas Verses."  I mounted it on a Spellbinders Fancy Tag die that I pieced together to make it long enough to accommodate the sentiment.  I used the same embossing folder I used for the mist challenge card as the background and finished with one of my favorite ribbons, a glittery pink organza that holds it shape so nicely, and a rose.


HYCCT 26 was to use a bird on a card.  I used a Whipper Snapper image and colored it with Copics.  The paper is from DCWV's "Nana's Nursery Baby Boy", and I added a satin ribbon with a button and some twine to again go more country in the styling.  The dp has little birdies all over it, but it's a little hard to see in the photo.


Thanks for stopping by, and I'm hoping to be back later with more as I'm down to just the very last challenge in the HYCCT challenges.
Blessings!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!