Saturday, November 27, 2010

I've been busy....

I'm going to post a whole bunch of cards that I've made over the last week.  I was going to separate them, but they are all kind of related, so here goes.

First, I made my card for VLV Week 4 of November.  This is the sketch Julee created for us.  I used a ribbon bundle with light pink, dark pink, and green called "Dozen Roses" as my inspiration from Prairie Bird Boutique.


Here's my card.


I used dp by My Mind's Eye called "Quite Contrary."  I just love this paper!  The sentiment is from Verve's "Kind Words" set.  I added some zigzagging around the edges of the base after I'd done some distressing with my Tim Holtz distressing tool.  I also did straight stitching around the slanted panels.  This was a great sketch for using up some little chunks of dp that were just too big to toss!  I used some pink seam binding for my bow and tied it with my Bow Easy.  I added some glimmermist to the entire card  but I sprayed it on a little too heavily and the panels slightly warped as a result.  {oops}

Here's a closeup of the biggest rose all glimmery and you can see some of the panel stitching better, too.


I finished the inside of the card and the back as well using up more of my scraps.  I used the same MS doily punch for the card back as I did for the front.
 




My second card was made for the week 5 VLV sketch challenge. 


I used the second inspiration photo, the Sweet Pea shower gel from Bath and Body Works as my inspiration and for the dp, I used some scraps of Imaginesce paper from their old princess collection.  I really am trying to use up some of the scraps I've accumulated!

I decided to use this Tilda stamp and pair her with a Verve sentiment to make a birthday card for my daughter.  The sentiment is from Verve's "Birthday Bash" set.   Sorry for the wonky angle on this picture but I was fighting glare from the stickles and the bling flourishes.  That's also why the circle mat looks like it is way off center.  It's really straight - I promise!


I used the bling flourishes and the seam binding with rose as the three dot elements in the sketch. 

Here's a closeup of the stickles on her wand.  Tilda is colored using Copics.  I gave her brown hair to match my daughter's hair. 



I also finished the inside and the back of this card.




After making card 2 with Imaginesce papers, I thought I'd try to use up a few more scraps with the Mojo Monday sketch for Week 166.  Here's the sketch and my card.




I did opt to straighten out the panel as it just worked better with my image and I also moved the three dots off of the ribbon. I still have more of this coordinating ribbon to use up, but I did manage to use up about 5  inches of it.   I used more seam binding for the bow.  The sentiment is from Verve's "Fairy Tales" set. 



Continuing on the them of using up scraps, here's the inside and the back.







I decided that I would try to finish using up the scraps of Imaginesce paper I still had so I next did a really simple layout to use up some of the glittery crown paper.  I made a Nesties frame for Tilda to sit in.  She's again colored with Copics, and I gave her crown a few gems and some glass slippers.


Here's a closeup of the "glass" slippers.


Next we have the card back.  I just did a little strip down the side on the inside panel, and I didn't photograph it.


I made good progress on my scraps but I still have a few more pieces to use up, so they will have to wait for another day.

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!