Saturday, November 20, 2010

VLV Week 1 and 2

For week 1, here is the sketch and my inspiration photo.




I went with the red and cream color combo, and found paper by K & Co. that somewhat replicates the look of the alternating red and white pattern in the quilted place mat. 


On my original card, I just strictly followed the sketch, and when I was done, it seemed kind of blah, so I added (what else?!) some flowers.


Here are a few closeup shots.  First, some bling around the Verve sentiment from the set "Kindred Spirits." 


The center of the flower is a Prima sequin cluster that I found at Archiver's. 


I also finished the inside of this card and the back.  This card is 6" square.





For week 2 of VLV, here's the sketch and the inspirational photo I used for my color scheme.





I used Verve's set "Budding Blossoms" as I thought the flowers in it looked like the ones in the inspiration photo.  I stamped the leaves in SU! Old Olive and the flowers in SU! Purely Pomegranate.  The background was embossed with a cuttlebug folder.  The dp are both older designs from SU!  It was in one of the Christmas packs a couple of years ago.  I mounted my flowers on foam tape for more dimension.  This card is a standard A2. 


Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!