Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I'd Pick You

For the last VLV challenge in 2010 we were again to use holliday decor as our inspiration.  I found this ornament on Etsy to use as my inspiration.  It's from OdysseyCreations.  I'm wishing I could buy a whole bunch of these ornaments to hang from my banister for Valentine's Day.  I don't put up a lot of decorations for the various holidays other than Christmas, but I just adore this cluster of sparkly pink frou frou loveliness! 


This week's fabulous sketch was created by Teresa Kline.

Here's my take on the sketch.


I used dp from DCWV's "The Butterflies and Blossoms Stack."  The lightest pink lines are glittered, so this is a really sparkly card!  The sentiment is from Verve's "Dream Big" and stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  I cut it out using oval Nesties and then hand cut the narrow pink mat.  I put together a sequin border from some loose sequins that I had in my stash.  The white border was made using a MS heart doily border punch. 


The big rose is a Prima.  I got it in a package of 6 called "Love Letter Roses" in rose quartz.  I love all of the glitter on it! 


The smaller roses are from Recollections, and the organza ribbon is from my stash.  I used my Bow Easy to tie it.

Finally, here's a peek at the back of the card.


Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!