Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sketch This! TSTR44

This week at The Shabby Tea Room, Pattie has given us a fun sketch challenge.



I pulled out my Graphic 45 "Le Romantique" papers and started playing with the various shaped cuts that were included, and settled on this dancing couple.


I distressed the dp edges and machine stitched around them.  I added a bit of MS punched lace border which is edged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I added some beaded lace (from my stash), ribbon, roses, and a Prima tulle flower as embellishments.  This card will be going to my in-laws for their upcoming 57th anniversary in February.

Here is a closeup of the embellishments.  I think the tulle flower adds an interesting texture to the card. 


The only stamping I did on this card was my personalized label on the back.


Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Your card is just lovely, Sarah. I love the papers you used and the tulle rose is beautiful. You did a wonderful job placing all of your elements. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so very pretty ... LOVE that tulle flower!! Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!