Saturday, July 16, 2011

GYDO Michael's inspired

I decided to play along in Verve's Get Your Diva On contest over on SCS.  The challenge is to use a gift card as inspiration, and the prize is being a Guest Diva.  How fun would that be?!  So I saw this challenge posted on Monday, and I thought, "Great, I just bought a gift card yesterday!" as I knew I didn't have any other gift cards in my purse.  I pulled out the little envelope it was tucked into, and I was instantly like, ooooh, I don't know about using that as inspiration.  See the photos below and I think you'll understand!


So this little envelope looks pretty good.  Gray and black stripes with white lettering.



But then I pulled the gift card out, and here's the image!  The clerk just grabbed a gift card and loaded the dollar amount on it.  I never saw the image until I was going to go and use it for this challenge!  Hope our niece likes it {giggle} - the store particularly since she is the one receiving this gift card this weekend!
I was going to make a masculine card using the color palette from the gift card, but I only had a tiny scrap of gray cardstock.  I might come back to this sometime and try to use it as the inspiration.   I then turned to the Internet and found this Michael's card that appealed to me.


Here's my gift card inspired GYDO card.  I made a 6 x 6 easel style card.




This is the card closed.


I took a closeup of the flower.  I layered together some petals in various sizes and then added this sequined Prima piece to the center.  It is a ring of sequins with a clear rhinestone in the center.  The sparkle was really fighting the camera, and in this picture, I think it actually looks more like a pearl.  You can also see the scoring a little better on the yellow background.  I used my Scor-Pal and just scored every half-inch on the diagonal.


At the bottom, I added the birthday blessings with some more flowers, and then behind the lip that keeps the easel card upright, there is a little space to write a message and/or attach a gift card.  You can see that in the bottom photo.






This was a really fun challenge, and the next time I'm stuck for inspiration, I'll try using a gift card again.

Materials:
Stamps:  Verve "Love Deepens" and "Dream Big"
Paper:  Plain cardstock yellow, black, white
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Flower pieces (these are about the last of this package, think they were Recollections?), Prima sequined piece, gold brads, foam tape, Scor-Pal

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings!
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. This is delightful! Love your cheery card. Your niece may never use that card! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Abercrombie gift card is a hoot! Such a lovely easel card. You've capture the inspiration beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!