Saturday, July 16, 2011

Wedding Wishes

I made a wedding card for my husband's cousin.  It's my first time trying to do darker skin tones with my Copic markers.  It was even more difficult since I only have 5 brown markers!  Their colors are pink and brown.  The guys will be wearing brown tuxes, so to do a brown tux with dark skin and have some degree of color difference was a big challenge for me!  I used Jane's layout from Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar from last week (114) again as I just loved that sketch!




Here's the inside.  We will be adding a personal message inside.




Here's the back.

I'm entering my card in the following challenges:
A Spoon Full of Sugar:  pink and brown
Oldie but a Goodie:  use a stamp at least 6 months old, ribbon and lace
Cute Card Thursday:  at least 1 circle

Materials:
Stamps:  Magnolia wedding collection from summer 2010, sentiment stamp inside is from Verve (also over 6 mo. old)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  SU! (pink and dps)
Other:  Ribbon from JoAnn's, lace from stash, circle Nestabilities and Grand Nestabilities for inside, Recollections mini roses, knitting needle to curl wires, Spellbinders Fancy Tags 2, Copic markers


Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings!
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful creation , thanks for joining us at OLDIE BUT A GOODIE Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, you did fabulous on your brown tux and the African American skin as well!! This just shows to proof that we don't need all of the Copic markers out there, we can make due with what we've got..awesome!! Have a blessed weekend! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining our challenge Oldie But A Goodie with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is so pretty and i love the way you coloured the skin
    Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a great job with the coloring! Your card is beautiful.

    --Cheryl--
    Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy containing Copic markers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!