Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Best Dad Ever

Whew!  I managed to finish a Father's Day card for my Dad using the Cute Card Thursday #219 challenge and get it posted before the challenge closed.  We were challenged to use planes, trains, and automobiles.  I don't have any stamps with planes, trains, or automobiles, but I do have some tractor stamps which I figured were pretty close (I hope!).


I find it a bit ironic that I used papers called "Urban Rhapsody" to make a rustic farm card!  I liked the colors in these papers with the tractor image.  The hardest part was cutting the arrow paper to get words that I wanted where I wanted them.  Some of the words (good bye, for one) I didn't want to use and those words seemed to be right next to what I wanted to selectively cut.  The metal tag helped me cover word fragments once I'd cut the strip. 

I tried to color the tractor to look like Dad's Case IH tractor right down to the dirt covered tires.  I hope he likes it!

Supplies used:
Stamps:  SU! "Tractor Time" and sentiment from Verve "Dad's Day"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, Vintage Photo Distress Ink (sponging)
Papers:  white, kraft for base, red, dps from K & Co. "Urban Rhapsody"
Other:  metal frame from JoAnn's, screw brads from Michael's, Tim Holtz distressing tool
Size:  6" square

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!