Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Diamond Jubilee

In honor of the Diamond Jubilee celebration, Basic Grey Challenge and Simon Says Stamp Challenge have both selected that theme for their current challenges.  We were challenged to use things such as crowns, royalty, and bling in our creations.

Here's my creation.


I used a very simple layout, as I knew that with the large image, most of the background paper would be covered.  I colored my images using Copics and then cut out Tilda and popped her up on foam tape for more dimension.  The largest flower originally was a white Prima flower.  I dyed it a long time ago and added a bunch of glitter to it.  That flower didn't work on the project I intended to use it on, but I was glad that I had it for this card!  I know that I used one of my SU! pinks to die it, but I don't know the exact color I used. 

Supplies used:
Stamps:  Magnolia

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  white, green, dps from Basic Grey "Sultry"
Other:  lace from stash, organdy ribbon from stash, Bow Easy, Prima flower, Stickles glitter, Recollections mini roses, Recollections rhinestone flourish/corner, Copics, foam tape

I'm working on using up the last of my Basic Grey "Sultry" paper pad.  There will be more cards coming in the near future!

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Sarah, a great design and a beautiful sparkly flower........Tilda is adorable perched on her wall.

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us at the Basic Grey Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the lace and gems! Of course, princess Tilda looks great too! Nice coloring : )

    Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!
    -Sarah

    For More Opportunities:
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
    *Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
    *Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Pinterest
    *Sign up for our Newsletter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!