Thursday, June 7, 2012

Seeing Double

So I sat down to make a card with the goal of using up more of my Basic Grey "Sultry" paper pad.  The remaining papers however were a combination of some of my favorite prints and some of my least favorite prints.  What to do?  Cover as much as possible of my least favorite print.

I started with Papertake Weekly's sketch from a recent challenge, changed the proportions to fit my scraps, and made the image panel a circle instead of a rectangle.


I ended up making 2 cards that will go to my two best friends from college.  I figured that if I wanted to use up this paper as that deepest layer in the layout, I should use up both sheets of the print while I had an idea of what I should do with it!  The layout hides most of the pattern of these really big leaves that are pink, lime green, and brown with white popping through, and I'm pretty happy with my finished projects.

Here are the matching cards for Suz and Chris.  I used two different sentiments.


Here's the Butterfly Kisses card.



Here's the Springtime Hello card.


Supplies used:
Stamps:  Magnolia, sentiments from Whimsy stamps "Spring Letter Seals"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black and Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  white, dps from Basic Grey "Sultry"
Other:  Copic markers, MS butterflies punch, Recollections pearls, Nestabilities circle and petite scalloped circle dies, Recollections glittery flower, Prima mini rose, Organdy ribbon from stash, Bow Easy, pink lace from stash


I'm entering these cards in two challenges:  Anything Goes at Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar and Anything Goes at Papertake Weekly.

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, your card is beautiful and so pretty flowery...!!!
    Thanks indeed for joining us at Just Magnolia this week.
    Big Hugs,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is lovely! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly, Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea for using those papers that your not sure about, neat sentiments and cute girl image!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!