Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Challenge card

Hi!  Today I have a summer themed challenge card to share with you.  With the temperature over 90 today, it seems to be an appropriate theme!

Here are the challenges I combined:
Simon Says Stamp:  summer inspiration photo board (I chose to use the colors pink, orange, and green which were prevalent in many of the pictures along with flowers)
Our Daily Bread Designs SLC112:  Summer theme (I chose flowers)
PaperTake Weekly:  3 -2 - 1 (3 gems, 2 dps and 2 different ribbons, 1 mini rose)
Sketch Saturday 212:  layout

Here's a look at the inspiration photo with its glorious summery colors!


Here's the layout I used from Sketch Saturday.  I was the lucky winner in last week's challenge, and I still haven't narrowed down my wish list to Simon Says Stamp!  :)



Here's my card.  I used a flower stamp from ODBD called "Bleeding Heart" as the focal point for my card.  For the cluster of 3 circles shown in the sketch, I combined a bow, mini rose, and bling flourish.


Here's a closeup of the bleeding hearts.



I really liked the colors in the hot air balloon, and on the inside of my card, the dp I used gives that same effect.




Supplies:
Stamps:  Our Daily Bread Designs "Bleeding Heart" and sentiment from ODBD "Birthday Blessings"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black and Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  White, black, dps from Basic Grey "Sweet Threads"
Other:  Organdy ribbon for bow from stash, American Crafts ribbon (the wider one), Bow Easy, Recollections bling flourish, Recollections mini rose, Copic markers

Card size:  6" square

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I love the bling and embellishments! Your coloring on the bleeding heart is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful summery card. Thankyou for entering our challenge on Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. the ribbon and rose goes perfectly with your pretty image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how pretty!! Love the coloring and all the pink with the embellishing. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh goodness.. how lovely!! thanks for joining the shining the light challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. smashing make, the gems are fantastic on the corner

    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog - Tiggertastic

    Designing for:

    Sketch Saturday , Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!