Thursday, June 21, 2012

You're Purr-fect

Today I wanted to share the Father's Day card that I made for my husband.  I used the CAS VLV sketch for June and combined it with the CAS Basic Grey Challenge

Here's Janelle's lovely sketch.

On my card, I used a Basic Grey stamp set called "Furry Friends" that was released with the "Max and Whiskers" line.  Both the cat and the sentiment are from this set.


I had a little trouble getting my stamps to ink the paper evenly.  I'm not sure if it was because of the heat or just what happened.  This kitty was my third attempt on getting an evenly stamped image!  I stamped the paw print in SU! Real Red ink and then went over it with a marker to fill in the uneven parts.  I added Love U! as it seemed a little stark even by CAS standards.

I used one piece of black card stock as a mat rather than having two separate white pieces on black mats as I thought that would lend itself better to the CAS style.

Card supplies:
Stamps:  Basic Grey "Furry Friends" for cat and paw print, sentiment from Michael's dollar bin (part of a small set of clear stamps, didn't keep packaging to know the brand, sorry)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Real Red
Papers:  Black and white
Other:  Nestabilities circle and petite scalloped circle dies
Size:  A2

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Hi! really sweet card and love the image too .
    Thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges,
    hugs Lou and the DT.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!