Thursday, July 26, 2012

Celebrate!

I have a Magnolia birthday card to share that I made for several challenges.  I had so much fun coloring Pearl Tilda, but I am really regretting not buying the accompanying clam shell from this collection! 

Challenges:
Sketchy Challenges #28:  layout (love this versatile sketch by Karen!)
Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia #48:  Doilies
Magnolia Down Under #156:  Paper doilies
Magnolia Stamp Lovers Challenge Blog:  Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice (Tilda images)
Tilda's Town #10:  Anything goes
Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar #166:  Birthday card (I made a fairy card on Sat. 7/21 and forgot to link it up to the challenge, how silly of me!)

Here's Karen's sketch:


So, having decided to use Pearl Tilda, I thought I would go a little crazy with the coloring of my mermaid (for me at least!).  I am working on using up some of my paper pads, and today's target is Basic Grey "Euphoria."  The dp that is the background on this card was kind of an oddball to me.  I love the pink, blue, and green, but the green flowers and offset outlining were fighting anything I've ever tried as a layout.  My new motto?  Don't fight the "difficult" dps, bury them in the background!  I did just that, and I think it works pretty well.

Here's Pearl Tilda with her wild raspberry hair!  I had to angle the card slightly to get the camera to focus.  It was really fighting to focus with the glare from her glittery tail!


Tilda is colored with Copics, and then I sponged around her to soften it a little bit.  I was struggling to find a birthday sentiment that would fit in the remaining space, but thankfully I found this one from Verve that was just right.  It's amazing how many of my birthday sentiments were just a little bit too big!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Magnolia "Pearl Tilda" and sentiment from Verve "Birthday Bash"
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! "Bashful Blue" for sponging

Papers:  White, dps from Basic Grey "Euphoria"
Other:  Marianne Dies (doily), Spellbinders Nested Pennants die for sentiment panel, organdy ribbon from stash, blue heart button from stash, thin twine, Recollections flowers, Copic markers, sponge, Stickles "Crystal" glitter, Bow Easy

Card size:  6" square

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is so pretty, thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town this week. Hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card. Your colouring is lovely - Tilda's hair is fabulous! Thank you for playing at Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolias! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! Love those elements and the layout!

    Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC and at The Sketchy Challenge this week!

    Hugs
    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color you chose for her hair, love the very soft colored background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hai Hai
    what A great card you made Lovely colors and a sweet image! Thanks for joining us at Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia challenge blog hope to see you next time
    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah,
    Oh Tilda looks great with pink hair and all that glitter! Very sweet card. Thanks for joining the Sketchy Girls!

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!