Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summery Strawberry Card

So I started this card a few days ago, and then I didn't have time to get it posted for one of the challenges I wanted to enter.  I used a great layout by Sandy from Sketchy Challenges.  Here's the sketch:



I'm also playing along with Oldie but a Goodie's Flower Power challenge.  Without the strawberry blossoms, there wouldn't be any yummy berries!  This year our strawberry crop didn't do very well, but so it goes.  We'll hope for better results next year.  I wanted to play along with Papertake Weekly's Strawberries and Cream challenge (use strawberries and/or red and white), but I missed that deadline.

Here's my card.


I thought the strawberry paper was just the perfect background for this Tilda image.  I masked my scene to place Tilda on top of the big strawberry.  I sponged the edges of both dps with some Poppy Parade ink.  At first glance, I thought that the grid pattern was a pale pink, but upon closer inspection, it is a weird brownish peach color.  The sponging helped to soften that color difference.  The little strip of scallops was hand trimmed.  The scallops originally were the border on the grid paper.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Magnolia
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! "Poppy Parade"
Papers:  White, black, dps from DCWV "Berry St. Farmer's Market"
Other:  MS border punch, Nestabilities oval and scalloped oval dies, sponge, Copics
Card size:  6" square

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. too cute, I just love that little scalloped border with the punch border too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,
    Indeed you found the perfect papers for this sweet image. Thanks for playing with my sketch and joining the Sketchy Girls. Please pop by later today when we'll have a new fab sketch!

    Have a good crafty weekend!

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super little card I adore Tilda!
    Thanks for joining in the Flower Power challenge at Oldie But A Goodie and I hope you will join us again
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!