Sunday, November 4, 2012

Getting Closer

This is the second to the last HYCCT post for 2012!  I still have one more card to make, but I'll post that one separately once I make it!

The HYCCT1224 challenge was to use the "kissing" stamping technique where you apply ink to a solid stamp and then before stamping it, "kiss" (stamp) the solid stamp with a stamp that was inked up in a different color.


I used Amber's fabulous November week 1 VLV sketch for my layout.


Supplies: 
Stamps:  Verve "Great Friend" and Hero Arts "Newspaper Eiffer Tower" background stamp
Ink:  SU! "Melon Mambo" and Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Cuttlebug embossing folders, pink gem
Size:  A2

For HYCCT1226, we were challenged to use a pink dog on our creation.


I used SC375 for my layout.

 

For HYCCT1231, the challenge was to be inspired by nature.  I pulled out one of my favorite sets, "Lovely as a Tree" and created a scene using Prismacolor pencils and cracked glass technique.

 
Supplies: 
Stamps:  SU! "Lovely as a Tree"
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Papers:  white, brown, dp scraps from K & Co.
Other:  ultrathick embossing powder, heat gun, Prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits
Techniques:  Gamsol magic and cracked glass
Size:  A2

For HYCCT1227, challenge was to use a window.  I created a window scene using a window die cut.


Supplies:
Stamps:  SU! "Lovely as a Tree" and Verve "Birthday Bash"
Papers:  white, brown
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, Our Daily Bread Designs Spellbinders window die
Technique:  Gamsol magic
Size:  A2

The last card of this batch is for HYCCT1225B.  The challenge was a tic tac toe board.  I went with pink, buttons, and patterned papers. 


Supplies:
Stamps:  Verve "Believe"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Papers:  white, burgundy, dp scraps from K & Co.
Other:  Hero Arts button, organdy ribbon from JoAnn's, Bow Easy, twine
Size:  A2

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Your first card is just Gorgeous, love the two different embossing, great job with the stamping on the flower... love the cracked glass technique and such a wonderful masculine feel and love your scene out the window!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!