Sunday, November 4, 2012

Just About There!

Well, I'm getting closer to the end of my HYCCT cards.  I was mistaken when I said I think I had 9 challenges left to finish.  I actually had 13 of them yet to do!  I got all of them except one done yesterday, so I just have to make that one last card, and then I've finished this year's challenges.

Today's first card is for HYCCT1223.  The challenge was inspired by chicken soup.  We were supposed to use one of something from each of the letters in SOUP.  I used Spellbinders (also strips on the umbrella), an oval, an umbrella, and pink on my card.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Whipper Snapper "Baby Zoo Umbrella"
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers:  white, green, dp from DCWV "Nana's Kids"
Other:  Copic markers, Spellbinder oval and scalloped oval dies
Card size:  A2

The next challenge I tackled was HYCCT 1229.  We were challenged to make a treat container using the colors pink, black, white, and silver.  I made a little box and a coordinating tag.  I took a couple of pictures for you as you can't really see the base of the box with the lid on it.  I figured that going through the mail, I should make the box top a little longer to make sure it all stays together during shipping.


Here's the box with a better view of the black paper with silvery pink hearts.  There are 3 mini Almond Joy candy bars in the box.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Verve "Brighter Days"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black and SU! "Melon Mambo"
Papers:  white, dps from K & Co. "Smitten"
Other:  Magnolia Doohickey Dies Tilda's Tag, Hero Arts gems, silver ribbon from Michael's
Box size:  about 4" square

We were challenged to use clay, canvas, or cork for HYCCT1230.  I found a little scrap of canvas in my crafting supplies to use.


I used Tosha's VLV October week 4 sketch for this card.  I made another HYCCT card using the same sketch the other day, and I just had to use her sketch again!



Supplies:
Stamps:  Verve "Believe"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Papers:  white, colored papers from Hero Arts
Other:  canvas, Hero Arts gem, Hero Arts Art Flowers
Card size:  A2

We were challenged to use postage stamps as our inspiration and them for HYCCT1225A.  I took this challenge pretty literally.


Supplies:  Stamps:  Oriental Trading Co., Inc.  clear stamp set clled "Postcard and Stamps"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Card size:  A2

Finally, for HYCCT1228, the challenge was to make a CAS (clean and simple) card.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Verve "Believe"
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, SU! "Melon Mambo"
Card size: A2

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!