Thursday, January 3, 2013

Operation Write Home cards

Today I have 5 cards that I made for Operation Write Home to share with you.  I made these cards using sketches provided at the OWH blog.  It was very satisfying to make these cards as not only was I able to make a contribution to the card drive, I also used up the very last of some Hero Arts paper scraps that were just too big to throw away!  (I still have just a few scraps of Basic Grey Sultry left, in case you were wondering!)


I used OWH layout B-28 for these 2 cards as the little pennants were just the right size to use up some long narrow paper strips.

Card supplies:
Stamps:  left:  Verve "Birthday Bash" cupcakes and sentiment and right:  Verve "Fabulous You" images and sentiment
Papers:  white, colored papers from Hero Arts
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Spellbinders circle die, SU! "Calypso Coral" baker's twine, CM heart punch
Card size:  A2

I made a couple of Valentines in this next batch.  I've missed getting them mailed to one of the distribution centers for 2013, but I'll send them later this year when I've made enough cards to send at least a shoe box sized box of cards all at once.  If you decide to join in this cause, you will want to check out the calendar for OWH as they have to work quite a bit of time ahead of upcoming holidays so the troops receive the blank cards with enough time to get them written and sent home.


Supplies:
Card on Left
Stamps:  Left:  Verve "Hearts on Fire"
Papers:  white, red from Hero Arts
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  CM heart punch
Layout based on OWH sketch B-14
Card size:  A2

Center card
Stamps:  sentiment from Verve "Hearts on Fire" and images from Bo Bunny "Crazy Love"
Papers:  white, colored papers from Hero Arts
Ink:  Versafine Onxy Black
Layout:  SC386 from Splitcoaststampers
Card size:  A2

Card on right
Stamps:  Verve "Birthday Bash"
Papers:  white, colors from Hero Arts
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Cuttlebug embossing folder, Hero Arts button, twine
Layout:  OWH sketch B-6
Card size:  A2

I had a lot of fun using up my scraps making these cards!

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you!